10 January 2010

"The Spirit of Casey's Tree"



So yeah, this was the only exciting thing that happened tonight for me. The tree is covered in thousands of pink lights in memory of a local girl that was killed during the summer. The house is right near mine, so my friend and I decided to walk over to it, and yeah I brought my camera. It was absolutely freezing out..but it was so worth it to see the tree in person. It has become sort of a local icon in the past weeks because it is just so beautiful and inspiring. The bottom picture is just some information about the tree and the circumstances that go around it and stuff. But yeah, definitely something that is better seen in person. If anyone wants to learn more about the girl, and the things that are being held in honor of her, please visit the memorial website and there is information about donations and other things.

Other than this, the other highlight of my day was seeing a production of the musical Wicked downtown...it was mind blowing! I am obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment